Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interview Of Lee Min Ho !




Oh wow, i can't believe my luck by stumbling upon this interview with Boys Before Flowers star Lee Min-ho on ISPLUS. In my opinion, some of the questions are really personal and you wouldn't get questions like these in a Hollywood interview -- about girlfriends and first kisses etc.

However, Lee Min-ho answers them all in stride. I am trying to be as accurate as possible, and do justice to Lee Min-ho, but all I have to work with are two translation tools (and one pretty much sucks) and my limited Korean.

Anyway, enjoy...




IS: The Baeksang Arts Awards fall (referring to Min-ho tripping on the Red Carpet) was a hot topic.

LMH: Yeah what a silly mistake and I was embarrassed. But my fans did cheer me on and I could see the love of the fans.

IS: What is your motto in life?

LMH: Not to give up on my goals. Victory is not as important as possessing a fighting spirit. My motto is to not give up even if I fail. I think to have that attitude is just beautiful.

IS: What was the biggest crisis in your life to date?

LMH: There was this traffic accident in 2006. I had to stay in the hospital for 6 months. At first I was frustrated and I couldn't even walk. But I am glad I overcame that.

IS: How do you relieve stress?

LMH: Just sleep. Sleep until the stress disappears. I have slept for 24 hours previously. (Ha ha ha...Orchid likes this! I could sleep all day too!)

IS: What's your sleeping habit like?

LMH: I grind my teeth and talk in my sleep, which is why my pals don't want to sleep with me when we travel.

Lee Min-ho admits to escaping stress by sleeping


IS: When and where was your first kiss?

LMH: It was when I was a freshman in high school. I kissed my girlfriend, standing right in front of her house.

IS: What do you think most women want as a gift?

LMH: If I had a girlfriend, that would be good. Women want you to be their best friend. That's the best gift of all.

IS: When was the last time you dated and had a girlfriend?

LMH: When I was 20. I haven't had a girlfriend since University.

IS: What is your ideal type of woman?

LMH: I think more of her overall style and my feeling toward her than her appearance.
I'm drawn to a woman, although not pretty, that appeals to my feeling strongly.

IS: If you had a lover, which term of endearment would you use to call her?

LMH: It depends on the style of the woman (literal translation. But i guess he means the term of endearment he will use depends on what kind of woman she is. There is no fixed term for all.)

IS: What if your parents were against your marriage -- like in the character Gu Jun-pyo?

LMH: We will run away and elope.

IS: Which actress would you like to work with in future?

LMH: Song Hye-kyo sunbae. She is elegant and classy and has loads of charisma and possesses excellent acting skills. Should I get a chance to work with her, I would be able to learn a lot and no doubt be very nervous. (Ahem...sounds like he has a crush on Song Hye-kyo.)

IS: Person whom you most want to meet?

LMH: I want to meet Hollywood actor Edward Norton. He has a laid back, comfortable charisma that is so impressive. When I meet him, I will ask "Will you teach me how?" But I must brush up on my English first.

IS: Who is your favourite sports star?

LMH: Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo. It was my dream in elementary school to become a professional soccer player. If I continued to play football, I hope to be a player like Cristiano Ronaldo now.

IS: What's your favourite food and what dish do you cook well?

LMH: I like meat. Recipe? Just roast it. I have a secret roasting process. Beef, pork or chicken, I use the same recipe.

IS: What is your #18 karaoke song? (The song you sing all the time at karaokes)

LMH: Toy's 내가 잠시 너의 곁에 살았다는 걸

IS: What do you always carry in your bag?

LMH: Cologne / Perfume. I always like to smell nice.

IS: What is your favourite drink?

LMH: I usually don't drink alcohol. Three cups of soju is my limit. I like hard liquor.

IS: Do you have a jinx or habit?

LMH: Whenever I'm in a drama or movie, I injure myself. I have to be extra careful.

IS: What three things would you bring to a desert island?

LMH: A bed, lighter and my mobile phone. Having a nice bed to sleep on would be good (yes! i agree with this!!). On a deserted island, your food should be cooked - hence the lighter. I could cook fish. I would be so bored on a deserted island that I would play with all the games I downloaded to my mobile phone.

IS: What do you envy of your F4 members?

LMH: Kim Bum's small face, Kim Joon's big eyes, Kim Hyun-joong's fair complexion. As for the whole package, I am actually the best. (ha ha ha)

No comments: